Happy Monday! It’s time to get back to work after a weekend of binging Stranger Things. Here’s what you may have missed over the weekend while you were in the Upside Down.
1. Jam Master Jay’s murder has officially been ruled a cold case. Jay was murdered 15 years ago and, despite witnesses in the room at the time, New York police have no new leads on the case. The MC was murdered in a Queens recording studio in 2002. (The Fader)
2. Two Navy Seals are under investigation after the mysterious death of a Green Beret. Staff Sgt. Logan J. Melgar was found dead June 4 and Melgar’s superiors suspect foul play. The two Seals, who have not been identified, have been placed on administrative leave. (Dallas News)
3. Trump’s right-hand man, Roger Stone, has been suspended from Twitter. Stones account was removed after he called for Don Lemon to be “confronted, humiliated, mocked, and punished.” (Recode)
4. Migos’ Quavo recently shared a picture of himself with legendary star Cicely Tyson. Seems the pair bumped into each other while at the airport. Quavo captioned the pic, “Real legendary moment. #blackexcellence.” (Instagram)
5. Colin Kaepernick was reportedly frozen out of a meeting between NFL owners and players, despite reports stating the contrary. According to the former NFL player’s lawyer, the NFL Players Association and Players Coalition told Kaepernick’s attorney Mark Geragos that Colin had no role in the meetings. (Slate)
6. Swizz Beatz is three weeks away from becoming a Harvard grad. The mega producer shared the news and his gratitude on Instagram, thanking friends, family, and fans for their support during the last three years. (Instagram)
7. Roland Martin and Chrisette Michele exchanged words regarding backlash to her Inauguration performance. Martin offered the singer some advice after a tumultuous weekend, which saw Michele reveal what happened to her career and personal life after performing for Trump. (The Shade Room)