A new day, a new month! Start Novemeber with today’s must-know news about all things entertainment and celebrity.
1. Colin Kaepernick’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, thinks the former San Francisco 49er could be signed to a new team within 10 days. During an appearance on The Adam Carolla Show, Geragos said that he thinks “the NFL has to come to their senses, and realize every day that goes by just proves the collusion case even more.” (Bleacher Report)
2. ABC has picked up more episodes of hit series Black-ish. The show has been bumped up from 22 to 24 episodes for its fourth season. Other shows landed additional episodes as well, including Grey’s Anatomy and American Housewife. (Deadline)
3. Straight Outta Compton actor Corey Hawkins has signed on to join Spike Lee and Jordan Peele’s Black Klansman. Hawkins will play civil rights activist Stokely Carmichael in the film, which tells the story of a Black detective who goes undercover to gather intelligence on the Klan. (The Hollywood Reporter)
4. A24 has dropped a teaser for Austin Vesely and Chance the Rapper’s Slice. The film, which also stars Altanta‘s Zazie Beetz and Stranger Things‘ Joe Keery, follows what happens after a pizza delivery driver is murdered and a city looks for answers. A supernatural suspect could take the heat. (Twitter)
5. JAY-Z is set to be recognized at this year’s Pre-Grammy Gala, where he will be presented with the Grammy Salute to Industry Icons Award. Neil Portnow, president/ceo of the Recording Academy, called the rapper and hip hop mogul a “trailblazer and music visionary” for his contributions to the industry. (Billboard)
6. Nicki Minaj clears up rumors about “MotorSport.” Fans have been going back and forth over whether or not there was drama between Minaj, Cardi B, and Migos over how the song came together. Minaj took to Twitter, calling conspiracy theories “tired” and asking fans to “relax.” (XXL)
7. Fans of This Is Us got a treat last night as Regina King directed the show’s Halloween episode. It was announced earlier this year that King would step behind the camera and the actress definitely did the show justice, bringing us tearjerking moments that you must see if you missed Tuesday night’s episode. (Den of Geek)
8. In Vogue‘s new video series, Sad Hot Girls, Issa Rae reveals why she loves staying in and hates going to the club. Rae kicks off the series by explaining that there’s really nothing to be gained by going out during the weekend. (Vogue)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!