Oprah pens a book on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" and J-Hud snaps on Twitter.
TGIF! As we prep for the weekend, here’s what we’re reading over our morning brew.
- Oprah Winfrey fans will get to relive some of her show’s best moments thanks to a new coffee table book, “The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy.” Oprah selected 150 color photos to chronicle the show’s 25 years on-air for the collector’s item. Maya Angelou, Ellen DeGeneres, and Toni Morrison are just a few celebs who contributed to the book which goes on sale in November. [Perez Hilton]
- Jennifer Hudson took to her Twitter page to let off some steam after a fan questioned her dramatic weight loss. The follower asked, “Did you get surgery to assist in your weight loss? Or is it all Weight Watchers?” to which J-Hud replied “Pls don’t ask me no more dumb a– questions. If u try WW, u would know u don’t need any assistance. U people r so brain washed.” Hmmm, do you think Jennifer overreacted? [Twitter]
- Speaking of Twitter beef, New Edition’s Johnny Gill is heading to court after he called his producer, Ira DeWitt, “deranged” and “f–kng nuts.” According to the lawsuit, Johnny was reportedly angry that a new song from his upcoming album leaked onto the web and felt Ira was to blame. Ira claims Johnny’s tweets have damaged her reputation and is suing for unspecified damages. [TMZ]
- Aretha Franklin who sang her way out of a parking ticket this week, is set to take the stage for the highly-anticipated unveiling of the Dr. Martin Luther King memorial dedication in Washington D.C. “I’m really looking forward to this moment. It’s going to be another great, great moment in American history, and in African-American history,” said Aretha. [EURweb]
- Have Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony reunited? Yes, but only for the sake of their young twins. The recently divorced couple was spotted together in New York but Marc’s rep claims “the intention was to spend time with his kids Emme and Max, and they had a beautiful time.” [People]
- Kanye West added a new meaning to his hit “All Falls Down.” The rapper took a dramatic tumble on stage during a recent concert in Norway. We’re laughing now because he wasn’t hurt, but it looks like Kanye took a pretty hard fall. Check out the clip below.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!