- Ladies, we hate to bring you such disappointment in the morning. Usher and Chris Brown are not going on tour, as had been previously reported. Usher’s camp has said there are no plans at this time. [CNN]
- Look out Denzel and Viola! Jordin Sparks is the latest celeb to star on Broadway. Sparks will debut tonight in “In the Heights.” But first she’s ready to give you a sneak preview. Tune in to “Live! With Regis and Kelly” on ABC this morning to see her perform!
- On August 26th, The Merge Summit 2010 will host tons of stars to discuss the struggles of balancing faith and being an entertainer. Interesting, right? Sheryl Lee Ralph, Wendy Raquel Robinson, Tia Mowry, Hezekiah Walker, Kirk Franklin and Chrisette Michele among those scheduled to participate. This is the second year for the conference. [BV]
- Zac Efron has been inspired by the Broadway play “Memphis” — so much that he may want to star in a movie adaptation of the show. [NYPost]
- Jennifer Hudson is on the cover of “Michigan Avenue” looking nothing short of gorgeous. Inside, she talks about her weight loss and more. Check out the cover. [B]
- A Haitian school founder pleaded guilty to engaging in sexual conduct with eight minor male students. Prosecutors said Douglas Perlitz of the now closed Project Pierre Toussaint had offered boys food, shelter, money and more to “entice and persuade” them. [CNN]
- Sarah Palin has come to Dr. Laura’s rescue via twitter. She offered some words of encouragement to the popular radio host who used the n-word 11 times within five minutes. Palin tweeted, “Dr.Laura:don’t retreat…reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence”isn’t American,not fair”)” [HuffPo]
- It seems every day a new actor is added to the cast of “Tyler Perry’s Madea’s Big Happy Family.” Who’s the latest? Comedian and co-host of the Mo’Nique show, Rodney Perry, that’s who. [BV]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!