Ne-Yo to be a dad again, and 'BBW' star talks domestic abuse.
We’re sipping on a hot cup of java this lovely morning. See what’s getting us all steamed up:
- Ne-Yo and his girlfriend Monyetta Shaws are gearing up to welcome their second child together. The superstar singer/producer and longtime girlfriend welcomed their first daughter, Madilyn Grace Smith, in November 2010. Though initial reports said the couple was also engaged, a rep tells Us Weekly there are no wedding bells just yet. Congrats, Ne-Yo! [Us Magazine]
- Christina Milian’s dining experience took a horrid turn this weekend when she allegedly found a piece of chewed gum in her salad. After vomiting and later filing complaints with the Los Angeles Health Department, Milian says she may sue the restaurant in Studio City. She also claims to have been traumatized. “Ever since the incident, I have not eaten out,” she said. [TMZ]
- Lovers of e-books will be happy to know that Alice Walker’s “The Color Purple” and other titles are finally going digital. Beginning September 20th, three of Walker’s novels, “Color Purple,” “Possessing the Secret of Joy,” and “The Temple of My Familiar,” will be published electronically. [EURWeb]
- “Basketball Wives” star Tanya Williams is speaking out about the abuse she says she lived through with her husband, former NBA player Jayson Williams. Tanya, who is currently a spokesperson for the National Domestic Violence Hotline, says she slept with a knife under her pillow. “When Jayson drank too much, or he took sleeping pills or any type of prescription medication, it would make him a different person,” she says. [Huffington Post]
- LeBron James’ alleged father is not who he claims to be. According to a judge, Leicester Bryce Stovell cannot sue LeBron because he has no proof that he is superstar athlete’s father. Stovell tells TMZ that he still wants to retake a DNA test to prove he is the daddy. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!