We’re back to work and drinking a hot cup of java to get our week started.
- The two-year anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death was June 25, and his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket seem to be doing just fine. They were spotted heading to catch a movie and seemed to be in good spirits over the weekend. Meanwhile, one lucky (and wealthy) fan also scooped up the iconic “Thriller” jacket at auction for $1.8 million. This greatly surpassed estimates that the jacket would fetch $200,000. [US Weekly]
- It was a big night for Chris Brown at the BET Awards last night. The singer performed twice and brought home four awards: Best Male R&B Artist, the Fandemonium award, the Best Collaboration award, and the Viewers’ Choice award. Congrats, Chris! [BET]
- Nicki Minaj is the latest celeb to fall victim to a Twitter death hoax over the weekend. The creepy hashtag, #ripnickiminaj, became a trending topic and briefly stunned her fans. Thank goodness this rumor proved to be totally false, and Nicki was alive and well last night at the BET Awards. [Media Takeout]
- Cee-Lo Green will no longer share the stage with Rihanna during her “Loud” tour. The crooner wants to focus on his obligations as a judge on the NBC reality TV show “The Voice,” as well as work on a new album and write a book. [Billboard]
- Mariah Carey finally let the world catch of glimpse of her newborn daughter, Monroe — sort of. The singer tweeted a photo of her little diva holding her hand in front of her face while nestled under a pink and white houndstooth blanket. We think it’s kinda cute. [Radar Online]
- In case you missed the hilarity that ensued on “The Real Husbands of Hollywood,” during the BET Awards, you absolutely must check out the clip below. The spoof featured show host Kevin Hart alongside Bobby Brown, Nick Cannon, Jermaine Dupri, Nelly and Tami Roman. It was pure comedy! [Necole Bitchie]