See why we’re enjoying a hunk of coffee cake with our morning brew:
- Matthew Knowles is talking about his business split with daughter Beyonce, and reveals some insightful details. “…The transition started way before the official announcement. If you’re strategic, which we are, you don’t make a decision like that before you start a dialogue. That dialogue started nine months ago. At the end of the day, I’m Beyonce’s father first and her manager second. Remember, this is 20 years I’ve been doing this. She’s almost 30 years old, and if she says ‘I want to run my business,’ I think she’s smart enough she will get the right team. Beyonce is smart enough to know what she knows and doesn’t know, and that takes an even smarter person to admit that. And she knows she an call me anytime. It takes a lot of hours and a lot of staff to run the business of Beyonce,” he said. We love it that the transition was peaceful and logical. [Black Enterprise]
- Someone over at GQ is in hot water this morning. A reader tweeted at GQ, “Has Chris Brown ever been on the GQ cover? and if not when will he?” And GQ promptly responded “Might be a while. It’s a Gentleman’s Quarterly, after all, not ironically-Named-Magazine-That-Knowingly-Puts-Domestic-Abusers-On-Its-Covers Quarterly.” [Necole Bitchie]
- Is Star Jones calling NeNe Leakes a pig? In the past, Jones has done her best not to throw NeNe under the bus, but that day may have come. “You never get involved in a pig fight. If you do, three things happen: you get dirty, you get tired, and only the pig has fun. It diminishes me to talk about her. I have so many other going on in my life,” she says. [Pop Eater]
- Weeks ago, we reported that Felicia ‘Snoop’ Pearson of “The Wire” was arrested in a drug raid in Baltimore. Today, she’s out on $50K bond with an electronic monitor. Her arraignment is set for May 5th. [Eurweb]
- Bow Wow is prepping to take over your TV screen. He let word slip that he’s working on a TV show with Ice Cube and is enlisting Jermaine Dupri to create music for the show. No word on what it’s about. [Eurweb]
- The 2011 EMF list of performers is growing! Jennifer Hudson, Chaka Khan, Miguel, Marsha Ambrosius, Eric Benet and more are all scheduled to take the stage!
- Nick Cannon has created a song for his two unborn kids — the twins are due any day now. It’s a version of Sade’s “Pearls.” We’re not sure what to think of this one. Let us know if you’re feeling it.