Here’s why we’re adding a little creamer to our coffee this morning:
- This weekend, Gospel artist Marvin Sapp was named Artist of the Year at the Stellar Awards. This comes after suffering through a difficult year — his wife passed away of colon cancer in 2010. Other big winners of the night were BeBe & CeCe Winans who took home four awards, including song of the year! [Black Voices]
- Twenty-four years after the original “That’s What Friends Are For,” Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight and Elton John will reunite for amFar’s annual New York Gala on February 9th. [Black Voices]
- TMZ is reporting that Halle Berry’s ex, Gabriel Aubrey, has allegedly filed a paternity petition in California. Halle and Gabriel have not filed for custody, visitation or support and don’t have plans to file — he just wants it on record that he’s the daddy. [TMZ]
- Monica and Shannon Brown are reportedly already married. According to Bossip, the couple wed on November 22 in L.A., just before they moved in together. Their secret ceremony allegedly took place before their parents. If this is true… congratulations! [Bossip]
- Keyshia Cole is opening up about some wedding details. The starlet says she wants a waterfall at her wedding and “won’t rest” until she receives it. Cole and fiance Daniel Gibson have not set an official date but say the nuptials will be between the 17th and 22nd of February. Will Frankie and Neffie show up? [Bossip]
- Kanye West has much to celebrate. His latest album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” has gone platinum just over two months after it was released. To sell a million records is no small task, many artists struggle to hit gold these days. [Urban Daily]
- The trailer for the Idris Elba produced web series called “Milk + Honey” has hit the net. It stars Debbie Allen, Lance Gross and more. The show will cover the professional and romantic lives of four young women. Check out the clip and let us know, will you be tuning in every week?