Check today’s round-up of news.
– Tichina Arnold, Tisha Campbell-Martin, and Martin Lawrence recently grabbed dinner at Morton’s Steakhouse in Burbank, fueling rumors that a reboot of the 90s hit, Martin, may be in the works. (TMZ)
– ICE agents raided 77 business in Northern California over the past week. Officers demanded that employers provide proof that employees were legally allowed to work in the US. It’s believed to be the largest instance of localized workplace sweeps since Trump took office. (Jezebel)
– Octavia Spencer is set to star in a new horror-thriller, Ma. Production begins in Mississippi on Monday and the film will likely see Spencer as a complex antagonist. (Variety)
– F. Gary Gray is in talks to direct a Men in Black spinoff. Negotiations are underway as Sony and Amblin are determined to relaunch the successful franchise. (Deadline)
– Azealia Banks has announced that she’s signed a new record deal. The rapper shared the news on Instagram, thanking fans for their support, adding “I have a home again!” (The Fader)
– Religious leaders in Senegal don’t want Rihanna in the country because they say she’s Illuminati. Thirty Islamic groups called No to Freemasonry and Homosexuality have asked the Senegalese government to cancel the singer’s upcoming visit because they believe she is colluding with the Illuminati to promote homosexuality. (Complex)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!