Here's all the news you need to know this Thursday.
- Lupita Nyong'o has been tapped to star in an adaptation of The Daily Show host Trevor Noah's memoir Born a Crime. The Oscar winner will play Noah's mother, who raised the comedian during Apartheid, when it was illegal for children to be born to parents of different races. (Variety)
- Quinta Brunson has landed a starring role in the CW's latest comedy pilot, The End of the World as We Know It. Brunson will play Ruby, an incredibly intelligent MIT grad who works at the family business until a crashed spaceship turns things around. (Deadline)
- Zendaya joins Chadwick Boseman, Mahershala Ali, Viola Davis, and more as one of the presenters at this year's Academy Awards. The awards are set to take place March 4 at the Dolby Theatre. (People)
- Chloe x Halle have announced their debut album, The Kids Are Alright. The album, a follow-up to their 2017 mixtape The Two Of Us, is set to drop March 23. (Twitter)
- Taylor Russell is set to play Judy Robinson in Netflix's new Lost in Space reboot. The actress is known for her roles in Falling Skies and Strange Empire. The series is set to premiere April 13. (Netflix)
- Rapper Remy Ma's sister, Remeesha Alesia Blount, has been arrested and charged with one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and three counts of assault with the weapon with intent to kill after shooting into a car and hit a woman with her vehicle. Police are unclear what led to the incident, but the woman who was shot and hit by Blount's car is in fair condition. (The News & Observer)
- Tami Roman and Snoop Dogg are teaming up for a new show tentatively titles Get Into It…Forizzle. The show will see Snoop and Tami interviewing celebrities, discussing hot topics, and include comedy sketches. (Vibe)