Here’s all the news you need to know this Tuesday.
– Keshia Knight Pulliam reportedly owes the state of Georgia more than $100,000 in taxes. A filing shows that Pulliam owes $51,469 from 2011 and 2013, and has since accrued interest, penalties, and fees amounting to more than $50,000. (WSB-TV)
– On Sunday, Advocates for Youth gathered young women of color for a special screening of Black Panther and a panel moderated by Jamilah Lemieux and featuring Jamie Broadnax, April Reign, and Mariah Johnson, who shared their reactions to the film and their thoughts on how Black Panther is changing Hollywood. Johnson said, “We, as film lovers and activists, need to see ourselves in the media we consume. Black Panther is giving us that opportunity; the success that follows will lead to more diverse and exciting roles for women of color in the near future. It’s refreshing to leave a theater knowing there’s more to come and that our work is not in vain.” Check out photos from the event and learn more about Advocates for Youth at advocatesforyouth.org.
– Kanye West made a rare appearance over the weekend during Kid Cudi’s performance at an Adidas event. West introduced Cudi and joined him on stage during “Father Stretch My Hands Pt. 1.” (Rolling Stone)
– Jordan Peele is set to begin filming his next film later this year. The director revealed that he is currently writing the script for the film, which he’ll direct for Universal, and added that his primary goal is to “focus on stories that are true to me.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
– R. Kelly has been evicted from his Atlanta homes. Court documents show that the singer owes more than $31,000 in past due rent on two homes he’s been renting. No criminal documents have been filed. (AJC)