Happy hump day! Catch up on this morning’s news as you make your way to the office.
1. Is Kenya Moore’s place on The Real Housewives of Atlanta in jeopardy? Fans think so after Kim Zolciak-Biermann tweeted, “Poof!
#LostYourPeach.” Biermann and Moore have been enemies for quite a while, which is why many believe Kim is celebrating Kenya’s departure from the show. However, fans will likely have to wait until the new season to find out if Moore will return. (Twitter)
2. La La Anthony and Migos rapper Quavo are set to guest star on FOX hit Star. Anthony will play the estranged mother of Angel (Evan Ross), while Quavo will play a version of himself. (Deadline)
3. Grace Jones is set to be honored at the Bahamas International Film Festival, where she will receive the prestigious Career Achievement Award. Her latest film, Grace Jones: Bloodlight and Bami, will also screen at the festival.
4. Terry Crews is suing WME and the agent accused of groping him, Adam Venit. Crews has been vocal about his alleged assault at the hands of Venit, who recently returned to work at WME. The actor believes the agency has ignored Venit’s history of predatory acts and “bizarre behavior.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
5. Donald Trump is set to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, which coud possibly trigger unrest in the region. Trump will likely order the state department to start the process of planning and building a new US embassy in Jerusalem, a plan that could take at least three years. (The Guardian)
6. Dascha Polanco is fighting for incarcerated women of color. The actress has teamed up with Hour Children, a non-profit based in Queens, NY, which helps incarcerated and former convict mothers re-establish their lives with their children. (Vibe)
7. A new fellowship is helping visual artists as they pursue careers in the arts. The Daniel Arsham Fellowship will award one YoungArts alum $25,000 and year-long mentorship opportunities. Artist SHENEQUA is the inaugural winner of the fellowship.
8. Chance the Rapper continues to give back to his hometown, this time giving fresh Jordan 11s to kids at an open mic event in Chicago. The open mic event was organized by Social Works Chicago, a youth empowerment charity co-founded by the rapper. (Newsweek)
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!