Kelly confirms her tour with Breezy and Amy Winehouse's dad will start charity in her honor.
It’s Hump Day and we’re sipping a cool iced latte to read over today’s news.
- Kelly Rowland has confirmed that she will be hitting the road with Chris Brown. The two will begin touring together in September as Kelly promotes her new LP “Here I Am” which hit stores yesterday. [Singersroom]
- Amy Winehouse’s father is determined that his daughter’s legacy live on after her sudden death over the weekend. During Amy’s eulogy yesterday, Mitch Winehouse revealed that he wants to start a charitable foundation in his daughter’s name to help people struggling with drug addiction. The charity will also benefit children and horses, two things Amy was passionate about. [Radar Online]
- Morgan Freeman is going after a conservative group in Wisconsin for using a voice that is eerily similar to his to narrate a political ad. “Morgan Freeman did NOT narrate that ad,” his rep confirmed in a statement. We wonder if the Oscar winner will take legal action against the sound-alike voiceover? [Hollywood Gossip]
- Is R.Kelly the latest celeb to be in trouble with Uncle Sam? The singer, who recently underwent throat surgery, reportedly owes $837,000 in delinquent federal taxes. [The Detroit News]
- Nicki Minaj is being hit with a $1,000 fine for using dirty language during her set at Jamaica’s Reggae Sumfest. The rapper’s attorney, Hugh Thompson, plead guilty on her behalf and forked up the money in court the day after the event. [EURweb]
- LaLa Anthony is gearing up for the premiere of her new reality show, “LaLa’s Full Court Life.” The first episode airs on Vh1 August 22nd at 9pm EDT. Check out this juicy trailer for a sneak peek of what’s in store! [VH1]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!