Janet brings MJ's voice back to life, Whitney staying in rehab a bit longer, and more!
We’ve got a cool iced coffee to sip on as we gaze at the headlines of the day!
- Janet Jackson will share the stage with her late brother Michael in a virtual duet in London tomorrow night. “Miss Jackson” will sing “Scream,” her hit with MJ. ”When I hear his voice. It’s therapeutic,” Janet told Britain’s Heart FM radio station. The new addition to her performance set pays tribute to her brother just days after the 2-year anniversary of his death. [Star Pulse]
- Remember when we told you that Whitney Houston was extending her stay in rehab? She reportedly still thinks she needs more time to reach full recovery. She is said to be extending her stay for another four weeks. [Perez Hilton]
- Could ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Fantasia be expecting a bundle of joy? Photos of the songstress vacationing in Barbados show ‘Tasia with a slight baby bump. There’s no word yet from her camp confirming a pregnancy, so we’ll have to wait and see if our suspicions are true. [Singersroom]
- Patti LaBelle, who just received the BET Lifetime Achievement Award, has filed a counter-suit against a man claiming that she ordered her bodyguards to assault him at a Houston airport. Patti alleges that Richard King started the altercation when he spewed racial slurs and profanity at the singer. We really hope they get to the bottom of this unfortunate incident! [The Grio]
- A warm round of applause goes out to Diddy! The mogul received this year’s Founders Award recipient at the 2011 ASCAP Rhythm and Soul Awards. Dr. Dre presented Diddy with the award that honors songwriters and composers who have made groundbreaking contributions to the world of music. [Sister 2 Sister]
- First Lady Michelle Obama is keeping mum regarding the hot-button topic of gay marriage. A statement was released by her communications director states, “Mrs. Obama has never made any public statements about same-sex marriage.” It would be interesting to know her stance on the issue once and for all. Perhaps she’ll speak out one day. [Perez Hilton]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!