It seems as if every media blog, story or television show is fueled by rumors versus the truth and the need to search and destroy character instead of realizing what’s good in folks’ lives. As a result, too many of us are more focused on other peoples business and not dealing with our own.
Here are some thoughts to get you started.
1) You are the most important person in your life. Act that way. Treat yourself with respect and caring.
2) Lose the guilt.
3) Invest in your physical health. Try to exercise on a regular basis, cut back or eliminate unhealthy behaviors. Feel good from the inside out.
4) Let go of the toxic, negative people in your life. Now!!
5) Embrace your worthiness. What has been done to you does not define who you are.
6) Forgive yourself first. Forgiving does not mean forgetting, but it really is okay to let things go. Some folks hold onto to pain, because they don’t want to be hurt again and it doesn’t help.
7) Keep your heart open. Search for and acknowledge good people, joyful experiences and positivity by staying in the moment, being self- aware and always being thankful.
Life is complicated. Our attitudes and level of self-worth does not have to be.
Focus on what’s good within you. Love is there in full abundance.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!