Check out why we are adding a few extra scoops of sugar to our coffee this morning.
- Halle Berry is making big progress in her case against her home invader, Richard Franco. Halle obtained a 3-year restraining order against Franco that protects her and Nahla. If convicted when he returns to court August 4th, the order could be extended for up to 10 years. [TMZ]
- Jay-Z paid a surprise visit to the Angie Martinez radio show in NYC to squash rumors that he and Kanye West were beefing over their upcoming tour for “Watch the Throne.” The two had allegedly fallen out over claims that Kanye wanted to spend $400,000 per show on fancy concert props. “Kanye’s my brother,” said Jay. “Yes. we get on each other’s nerves, but that’s part of pushing each other. I would never disrespect [him].” [Angie Martinez Show]
- Jennifer Lopez is remaining optimistic about love despite recently ending her marriage with Marc Anthony. In her first interview since the split, J.Lo says, “Sometimes it doesn’t work — and that’s sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love.” She also spoke highly of her ex husband. “I will always respect Marc. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children.” [That Grape Juice]
- Sean Kingston is ready to open up about the jet-ski crash that almost ended his life. The singer will appear on “MTV First: Sean Kingston,” a special series in which he’ll discuss the accident in detail, including what caused the crash and the various medical procedures he endured. The show airs tonight on MTV at 8pm. [Hip Hop Wired]
- Usher stopped by the New York Stock Exchange yesterday to help MTV celebrate its 30th birthday. In honor of the music network’s milestone, check out this clip of Usher ringing the NYSE bell. [Rap Up]