Days after Obama announced his stance on gay marriage, celebs are doing the same.
See why we’re adding a splash of vanilla into our brew:
- Days after President Obama announced his stance in support of gay marriage, both Will Smith and Jay-Z are doing the same. Smith told reporters in Berlin, “If anybody can find someone to love them and to help them through this difficult thing that we call life, I support that in any shape or form.” Jay-Z told the media yesterday, “I’ve always thought of it as something that is holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love. That’s their business. It’s no different from discrimination against Blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.” [BET] [Huff Po]
- This year marks the 15th anniversary of Wendy Raquel Robinson’s Amazing Grace Conservatory program. The organization works with kids 5-18 years of age to create a better community through their desire to act, dance and sing. [EURweb]
- NY Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz is officially off the market. The football player popped the question to his girlfriend of nine years, Elaina Watley. The couple has a daughter together. [Madame Noire]
- Pictures are surfacing of Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon’s twins’ first birthday party in Paris. The couple gifted the kids a little piano, dollhouse and red toy Ferrari. [Too Fab]
- Katherine Jackson is still mourning the loss of her son, Michael. She told Piers Morgan, “Every morning, all through the day, I think about Michael. If I wake up through the night, my mind is there.” She told the him she’ll never get over his death and believes she’ll seem him again. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!