News is buzzing that Cissy Houston will take the stage and honor her late daughter.
See why we’re adding a little dash of milk to our brew:
- Sources are buzzing that Cissy Houston will pay tribute to her late daughter at this year’s BET Awards on July 1. Houston will reportedly take the stage with some well known divas. If true, will you be watching this year’s ceremony to see how the network will honor Whitney? [EURweb]
- After months of anticipation, Brandy has finally announced the released date of her much awaited album Two Eleven. According to the diva, it will hit stores on August 28th. [TGJ]
- Never underestimate the power of music. After suffering from a brain hemorrhage and entering a coma, a seven-year-old girl woke up after hearing Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep.” The mother of the daughter was preparing to say her goodbyes when she sang the song to her daughter and she began to smile. [People]
- It’s official! Mike Tyson is coming to Broadway for a few days. The former boxing champion will make his Great White Way debut on July 31 and will run through August 5. Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth will be helmed by non-other than Spike Lee. [Gulf News]
- To honor the death of Rodney King, VH1 will re-air “Uprising: Hip-Hop and the L.A. Riots” tonight at 8 p.m. The story is told through the eyes of rappers, musicians, police officers and various victims of the riots. King was found dead in his pool early Sunday morning. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!