Authorities found a spoon with a crystal-like substance in Houston's hotel room.
See why we’re nuking day old coffee:
- Whitney Houston’s just released full autopsy report reveals more details about the late singer’s drug use. According to the report, Houston was found face down in the bathtub with a “bloody purge coming from her nose.” Authorities also found a spoon with a crystal-like substance, a white powdery substance, white paper and a small mirror in her hotel room. Unfortunately, the report determined that Houston may have died of a “possibly overdose,” although her death was ruled an accident several weeks ago. Traces of marijuana, Xanax, Flexeril and Benedryl were also found in her system. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Star Trek‘s first African-American star, Nichelle Nichols, had the pleasure of meeting President Obama. Nichols tweeted, “Months ago President Obama was quoted as saying that he’d had a crush on me when he was younger. I asked about that & he proudly confirmed it!” [Huffington Post]
- Rihanna made it clear that she doesn’t care what anyone thinks about her reconciliation with Chris Brown. She told Elle, “The bottom line is that everyone thinks differently. It’s very hard for me to accept, but I get it. People end up wasting their time on the blogs or whatever, ranting away, and that’s all right. Because tomorrow I’m still going to be the same person. I’m still going to do what I want to do.” [Extra]
- Welcome to Sweetie Pies earned OWN some impressive ratings over the weekend. Some 512,000 people tuned into to see the season two premiere. It was the highest rated show among women 25-54. [EURweb]
- Oprah wrote a touching letter to her 19-year-old self and said, “You’ve spent too many days and years trying to please others and be what they wanted you to be. You will have to learn that the wounds of your past – rape, molestation, whippings for ‘stepping out of place,’ and not being allowed to show anger or cry afterwards – damaged your self esteem.” Click to read the entire letter. [Punch Bowl]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!