The late pop star was named most Googled person of 2012 alongside Kate Middleton and Michael Clarke Duncan.
See why we’re having our eggs over easy with our brew:
• Google released its newest Zeitgeist list detailing the most popular searches and search terms of 2012. The late Whitney Houston came in at number one. Other notable entries include Hurricane Sandy at number three, Kate Middleton, who came in at number six, and Michael Clarke Duncan, who earned the ninth spot. [Mashable]
• In related news, President Obama is the most retweeted person of 2012. His election night tweet, “Four more years,” was also the most retweeted message in Twitter history. In fact, people from more than 200 countries around the globe retweeted that simple message.
• Nick Cannon says he and his wife, Mariah Carey, have sex to her music. He told Howard Stern the juicy details during a recent visit to his AM radio show. Was that too much for fans and listeners to know? [TMZ]
• Your chance to own a gold silk tuxedo worn by Beyoncé in her “Love on Top” video is coming. The fancy outfit will go on sale this Saturday at the Park Avenue Garage charity event. It’s being offered for $750 compared to its original price of $5,600. [NY Post]
• Usher unleashed his inner daredevil over the weekend. The pop star went skydiving in Dubai’s Palm Islands and tweeted, “Yep… I’m doing it! Skydiving… Here we go,” along with a picture of himself wearing leather pants with a parachute on his back. [RTTNews]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!