- Viola Davis is having a stellar 2011! She will be named Outstanding Performer of the Year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival on January 27th. She’s being honored for her role as Aibileen in “The Help.” Be on the lookout for her new movie, “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.” [Hollywood Reporter]
PHOTOS: Viola Davis’ Best Screen Moments
- It seems like Rihanna went to Beyonce for much needed advice — Beyonce apparently suggested that Rihanna take a year off after feeling exhausted and over worked. [Clutch Magazine]
- Towanda Braxton appeared on Atlanta’s KISS 104 with Art Terrell and blamed the recession for not letting go of her marriage. Is that a good enough excuse? [Vibe]
PHOTOS: Hairstyle File: Viola Davis
- Tameka Foster is doing everything in her power to get her babies back in her possession. She’s now claiming that Usher “gets high” and is demanding he take a drug test. [EURweb]
- Tyler Perry’s “For Better or Worse” didn’t open to great ratings this past week. On average 3.4M viewers tuned in for the premiere. However, “House of Payne” brought in 5.2M viewers during it’s debut and “Meet the Browns” earned 4.2M. [EURweb]
- Mariah Carey’s latest video, “All I Want for Christmas is You,” featuring Justin Bieber has hit the net. Check it out below and let us know what you think.