This coming December, the popular live event will honor the late Whitney Houston.
See why we’re dipping our biscotti in hot coffee this morning:
- This coming December, VH1 Divas will honor the late Whitney Houston. In an event that’s usually marked with diva antics with good spirit, this year’s yet-to-be named Divas will sing Houston’s greatest hits. Houston’s musical director Rickey Minor will executive produce the show. The “I Will Always Love You” singer performed on Divas in 1999, 2002 and 2003. “We all felt that if any show could pay tribute to Whitney’s music, it would be Divas,” said VH1 president Tom Calderone. [That Grape Juice]
- Is former Miss USA Kenya Moore joining the cast of Real Housewives of Atlanta? Kandi Burruss may have let some news slip on her weekly show Kandi Koated Nights. The star said that taping for the fifth season has already begun and that Moore is involved in the process. [EURweb]
- Rihanna is set to perform on the season finale of American Idol on May 23. The pop star will perform “Where Have You Been,” the same song she performed on Saturday Night Live this past weekend. [EURweb]
- Will Smith says he’s in favor of paying higher taxes. He told the Associated Press that he supports President Obama’s plan to tax the wealthier Americans. “America has been fantastic to me,” said Smith. “I have no problem paying whatever I need to pay to keep my country growing.” [Grio]
- In light of the recent news that OWN isn’t doing so well, Discovery president David Zaslav says OWN will break-even in 2013. “We except to achieve a cash-flow break-even in the second half of 2013,” he said. [Huff Po]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!