Venus Williams suddenly pulls out the U.S. Open...
It’s Thursday! Check out why we’re reaching for the Folgers:
- Venus Williams suddenly pulled out the U.S. Open on Wednesday. The tennis champ says she’s suffering from an autoimmune disease. “I have recently been diagnosed with Sjorgen’s Syndrome — [it] affects my energy levels and causes fatigue and joint pain,” she said. The Williams sisters have both been through a lot of medical issues of late. Get well soon Venus! [Radar Online]
- Swizz Beatz says he most admires honesty in a woman. The rapper/producer recently sat down with Uptown magazine and chatted about his regrets and what his wife taught him. When asked what he’s learned from Alicia he says “Love.” [YBF]
- La Toya Jackson made a trip to the E.R. The TV personality says she woke up to “unbearable pain” in her index finger. She’s worried that a recent manicure could be the cause. The doctors are now sending her to a hand specialist. [Radar Online]
- Rihanna is not happy about her dream home! She’s suing several companies who sold her a $6.9 million mansion in L.A. The singer claims there are several structural issues that render the home “uninhabitable.” [HuffPo]
- Although Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are no longer together, Marc Anthony says “I’ll always love Jennifer.” The Latin sensation opens up about his break up to ABC News in an interview airing tonight. [People]
- “The Help” surpasses the $100M mark! Have you had a chance to go see it? Viola Davis does a wonderful job — it’s really a must-see this weekend. [EURweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!