It’s a bit chilly out, but we’ve got some steamy Coffee Talk to heat you up.
- Usher opened up about his divorce from ex-wife Tameka Raymond. Here’s a snippet of what he had to say: “During our disagreements, that’s when I really began to contemplate marriage and if this is someone whom I’m compatible with… Wow, is this really gonna work out?” It seems like there was trouble from the start. Why would you even jump into marriage when you had issues like this? [Vibe]
- After five happy seasons of “My Wife and Kids,” Damon Wayans is returning to ABC with a new show! He’ll be staring as an actor who plays “America’s favorite dad,” while his own family life is a mess. It should be interesting. If it’s anything like “My Wife and Kids,” we’ll be tuning in. [Perez Hilton]
- Before Oprah gave Rosie O’Donnell the green light for her own show on Oprah’s new network, she visited O’Donnell at home to do a “crazy check.” She essentially made sure that O’Donnell wouldn’t act up like she did on “The View.” That wasn’t a bad idea, Oprah. [Jezebel]
- When you’re a bad boy in jail, you get punished. Lil Wayne has been moved to solitary confinement for getting caught last May with headphones and an MP3 player. He’ll remain there until his release on November 4th. Lockdown! [Vulture]
- Oh me, oh my. Siohvaughn Wade may have to undergo psychiatric evaluation. TMZ is reporting that attorney Lester L. Barclay claims, “There is a question as to the mental condition and violent tendencies,” of Siohvaughn. We’ll see how this pans out. [TMZ]
- And, mark you calendars. October 15th will be the day that T.I. may or may not go back to jail. He will appear in federal court in Atlanta that day at 2 PM. The violations of his bond include possession of the drug ecstasy, testing positive for opiates, and associating with a convicted felon. This doesn’t look too good for T.I. [The Grio]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!