Tyler Perry releases the "For Better of Worse" trailer. Also, Vivica turns down a reality show and more.
- Tyler Perry is gearing up for yet another TV show. “For Better or Worse,” based on his hit movie “Why Did I Get Married.” It’s set to debut this November on TBS. The popular director has released a special trailer featuring the show’s main characters — Tasha Smith and Michael Jai White — both from the film. Check out the trailer. Will you be watching this fall? [Tyler Perry.com]
- Brandy is working her way back to the small screen. She’s set to guest star on Lifetime’s “Drop Dead Diva.” She’s not just working on one episode, but will appear throughout the season and possibly into next. Congrats to Brandy on her new gig. [EURweb]
- Vivica A. Fox and fiance Slimm are aiming to keep things normal in their relationship. So much so, the couple turned down an offer to have their own reality show. Would you want your own show? [EURweb]
- Mike Tyson’s early boxing stories could be making their way to a small screen. HBO has tapped Spike Lee to direct a pilot for “Da Brick,” loosely based on Iron Mike’s life. Sounds like a good idea, right? [Hollywood Reporter]
- There’s so much MLK buzz in the air. Immediately following the official ceremony for the MLK memorial in D.C., the Broadway play “The Mountaintop” will debut October 13th. It’s set to star Samuel L. Jackson as King, and Angela Bassett as Coretta. [Clutch Magazine]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!