The singer's Lupus continues to flare up.
TGIF! Check out why we’re having a whole pot of decaf coffee:
- Toni Braxton was hospitalized this week after experiencing “flare ups” from her Lupus condition. She tells TMZ, “I wanted to say thanks to all my fans for their support… I wanted to clear the record before rumors started, and will [I] totally be fine as I’m blessed to [be] having an amazing family for support.” [TMZ]
- President Obama’s 2012 campaign continues to earn the big bucks. In the last three months of 2011, the DNC raised a reported $68M. Obama’s team hopes to raise between $700-$800M by time elections roll around. [The Root]
- Hill Harper is partnering with AIM for Academic Growth, Excellence, Success. He will encourage celebrities and other professionals to motivate students and parents to create a plan for academic success. [EURweb]
- Steve Harvey says he’s no relationship expert. He told ABC, “It’s obvious that I have the skill set to convince anybody to do anything, so I took advantage of it. Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experience, then you’ve got something to share. I’m not a relationship expert but… I am an expert on manhood and what men think.” [EURweb]
- The 2012 BET Honors show is set for tomorrow night and Kelly Rowland has signed up to pay tribute to Mariah Carey by singing one of her classics. [TGJ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!