Here's what we've got bubbling over this morning: T.I. writes another letter from jail, Janelle Monae auctions off two concert tickets for charity, and Tia Mowry and husband Cory Hardict confirm they're expecting a boy in July...
Here’s what we’ve got bubbling over this morning:
- The Mowry family has had a fantastic 2011. Tamera married earlier this spring while twin sister Tia is ready to become a new mommy in July. It was revealed over the weekend during her baby shower that she and husband Cory Hardict are expecting a boy. Congrats to the proud parents-to-be. Now we turn our eyes to Tamera — she’s next in line! [People]
- Morgan Freeman was honored by his peers last week. The man of the honor was given the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Film Institute. [Pop Eater]
- The talented Janelle Monae is auctioning off two tickets to see her perform and meet her backstage! The proceeds from the auction will benefit the I’m Still Here Foundation. [Charity Buzz]
- The list of performers for the 2011 BET Awards continues to grow. Chris Brown and Jill Scott have been added to the lineup. The awards are set to air Sunday 26th at 8 p.m. [Eurweb]
- Beauty company Ultra Sheen is now selling products for men! And guess who’s the spokes-model? Carmelo Anthony. The New York Knicks player has signed to represent the company’s line of products for men — that include moisturizers, conditioners and pomades. [Black Voices]
- Rapper T.I. recently penned a letter from jail. He’s currently serving an 11-month sentence that’ll soon be over. He thanks fans, family and friends for supporting him during is difficult time. Check out his heartfelt letter. [Perez Hilton]
- Basketball season is over. The Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat last night 105-05 in Game 6 of the NBA finals. [Eurweb]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!