After a restful weekend, it’s hard to get back into the swing of things. Here’s a hot cup of Coffee Talk to help you this Monday morning:
- Yesterday, T.I. and Tiny held a luncheon for their Alzheimer’s foundation called, “For the Love of Our Fathers.” Both of their families have been directly affected by the disease — Tiny’s father is currently living with Alzheimer’s and T.I.’s late father and grandmother both had it. The charity will raise money for research and offer “relief” to caregivers. [Grio]
- Stevie Wonder’s wife, fashion designer Kai Milla, is closing her fashion line. Radar is reporting that she hasn’t been able to pay vendors for months, which is forcing her to shut down her business. Big name fans Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey will truly be disappointed. [Radar]
- Whoopi Goldberg is still dealing with the death of her mother, she told People.com. “I used to talk to her every day… I’m still in the habit of talking to her, you know, but I just wish she were here with me,” she said. [People]
- Friday morning, Mario was arrested for allegedly assaulting his mother. We’ve got an update. According to the police, Mario pushed his mother in the chest, which caused her pain. A broken china cabinet, mirror and damaged door were all found at the apartment. Mario’s lawyer is blaming his mother for the incident, saying, “An unfortunate incident between a loving son and a mother who continues to struggle with a devastating addiction.” [YBF]
- There may be wedding bells swirling around Rihanna and Matt Kemp’s relationship. Perezhilton.com is reporting that Matt may be close to proposing to Rihanna. Wouldn’t Rihanna make a stunning bride? [Perez Hilton]
Check out Jill Scott’s live performance of “A Long Walk” at the 2010 ESSENCE Music Festival on our new Vevo channel.
- Rihanna is prepping for another appearance on “Saturday Night Live.” She will be the guest performer on the October 30th episode. She was nominated for an Emmy for her “Shy Ronnie” skit last season. Let’s see if she’ll pick up where she left off. [Vulture]