President Obama talks candidly about his first date with First Lady Michelle Obama in a cute new video released by the White House.
See what we’re sipping on this morning:
- President Obama talks candidly about his first date with First Lady Michelle Obama in a cute new video released by the White House. The POTUS also shares a funny story about the first time he did his daughter’s hair! Check out the video below. [Huffington Post]
- ESSENCE Music Fest alum Usher announced that he will release his next album on June 12. The album, titled “Look For Myself,” is Usher’s seventh album to date. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Jay-Z enjoyed March Madness in New Orleans this weekend. This new papa snuck away just long enough to catch Kentucky play Louisville in the Final Four of this season’s semifinals. [NY Daily News]
- Geraldo Rivera released a statement expressing his “sincere and heartfelt apology” for his comments concerning the Trayvon Martin tragedy. Last week, Rivera made national headlines when he said: “I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.” Martin’s parents have accepted his apology. [CNN]
- It has been another successful year for Chicago’s Urban Prep Academy, which is sending all of its graduating seniors off to college for the third year in a row. [Huffington Post]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!