Some of the Jackson siblings have written a letter threatening legal action.
TGIF! See why we’re dunking donuts into our morning brew:
- Several members of the Jackson family sent a strongly worded letter to the gentlemen who control Michael Jackson’s estate, accusing them of fraud. Janet, Jermaine, Tito, Randy and Rebbie Jackson all insist the current will in use is fake. It was allegedly signed by Jackson in Los Angeles on July 7, 2002. However, the family maintains the King of Pop was in New York that day. “Your heartless pursuit of wealth, fame and power is at the expense of our family, whose deepest desire is to give the world a gift of hope, love and unity through our music,” read the letter. The family is threatening legal action. [CNN]
- Actor Morgan Freeman is supporting President Obama’s reelection campaign. He reportedly gave the Priorities USA Action, “the super PAC,” $1M. Freeman claims the money is needed to fight Obama’s opponents this election season. [EURweb]
- George Zimmerman has relaunched his website. The shooter thanked his supporters in a video message saying, “I want to reach out to each supporter personally, however, the overwhelming support has made that effort challenging.” He claims he relaunched the site so supporters could get to know the “real George Zimmerman.” He is also asking for donations. [Grio]
- Cee Lo Green is apologizing to his fans this morning. The Voice judge has postponed his Las Vegas show launch to February. The show, originally scheduled to debut on August 29, Green said he must honor his commitment to the third season of The Voice. [EURweb]
- The Game is issuing a public apology for canceling his wedding. He was engaged to marry longtime girlfriend Tiffney Cambridge and called it off ten days before the ceremony. “Important message to all men: If you’re lucky to have 1/2 of the woman I had… Appreciate her and do everything necessary to keep her happy,” he tweeted. There’s no word on what may have caused the split. [Madame Noire]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!