Terrell Owens is publicly denying that he attempted suicide earlier this month.
TGIF! Time to pull out the decaffeinated coffee:
- Terrell Owens’ publicist has come forward to clear up rumors about the football star. According to TMZ, Owens did not try to commit suicide earlier this month. “The facts are that [his] assistant arrived at his house that evening after he had already taken a sleeping aid to fall asleep. He was unresponsive because of this. Unaware he had taken a sleeping aid prior to her arrival, his assistant became concerned of this,” read a statement. [TMZ]
- The Braxtons suddenly canceled their media event when cast member Vince Herbert fell ill. He was rushed to a NYC area hospital and treated for a blood clot in his lungs. Get better soon, Vince! [TMZ]
- Could there be an “Independence Day” sequel in the works? Apparently, a studio is already writing a script and Will Smith has yet to jump on board. Reports indicate he’s waiting for a bigger offer. [Perez Hilton]
- A prominent anti-rape group is upset over Rihanna’s “We Found Love” video. Ellen Kelly of the Rape Crisis Center says, “Rihanna’s new video is a disgrace. It sends the message that she is an object to be possessed by men.” What do you think? [Clutch Magazine]
- President Obama has joined Tumbler! That’s right, you can now get up and close with your President via the popular social media site. Word has it he’ll be reading your questions and watching the videos you submit. [Perez Hilton]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!