"Never thought I'd have a mild heart attack at 41," tweeted Tami Roman.
See why we’re easing up on the caffeine:
- Basketball Wives star Tami Roman suffered a mild heart attack yesterday. The diva, still in shock, tweeted, “Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes. Never thought I’d have a mild heart attack at 41. I’m off Twitter for a while, no stress recovery, but I appreciate all the positive energy and the negative ones get a life, I sure appreciate mine.” Her rep confirmed the news and said she was admitted to Cedar-Sinai Medical Center and was later released. [Tami Roman’s Twitter] [Madame Noire]
- Whoopi Goldberg is heading to Glee! The View co-host will play Carmen Tibideaux, a theater veteran and professor at the New York school where Rachel and Kurt are hoping to attend. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Havard’s Black Men’s Forum has named Jada Pinkett-Smith their woman of the year. She told the group of scholars, “I’ve strived to show that we can be and do anything that we want.” [Madame Noire]
- Spike Lee is under fire for tweeting the wrong address in his ongoing effort to voice his opinion on the Trayvon Martin case. Lee retweeted what he thought was George Zimmerman’s address, instead it’s the address of a woman name Elaine. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Magic Johnson has led a group of investors in buying the LA Dodgers. The group purchased the bankrupt team for $2 billion, however, the agreement is subject to approval by the federal bankruptcy court. [Huffington Post]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!