The troubled mother and entrepreneur has allegedly fallen behind in her rent for one of her businesses.
See why we’re grinding our own coffee beans:
• Tameka Raymond is in hot water with her landlord over the rent at a children’s play center she runs. According to TMZ, Antelope Valley Plaza filed an eviction notice against Raymond, claiming she hasn’t paid rent, totaling more than $36K, for her small business Kangazoom in months. The company says Raymond owes $2K in unpaid taxes and $4K in late fees. In all, AVP is seeking $50K from Raymond. In response to the claims, Raymond says she isn’t the one at fault and wants the case dismissed. [TMZ]
• Nicki Minaj finally announced the premiere date for her upcoming reality show on E! The rapper tweeted that My Truth will begin airing on November 4. November will be a busy month for Minaj, who’s also set to re-release her latest album on the 19th. [That Grape Juice]
• Does Evelyn Lozada want to reestablish communication with her ex-husband Chad Johnson? TMZ is reporting that after her no-contact order expires, she will not seek a civil restraining order against the athlete. In addition, after completing his battery intervention program, Johnson is expected to ask a judge to end his probation and terminate the no-contact order. [TMZ]
• Denzel Washington used unconventional methods to prepare for his latest movie role in Flight. He told Hollyscoop that he learned how to be a drunk from YouTube. “You can YouTube drunks, there are thousands, they are amazing,” said Washington. He was first attracted to the role because of the script’s quality. “It’s a very good script, it’s a unique role that I haven’t played before. Got a lot of demons.” [Hollywood Scoop]
• Mellody Hobson, an African-American finance executive, has been named the new chairman of Dreamworks Animation recently. The news comes as a surprise as the former chairman, Roger Enrico, stepped down without notice. Hobson is currently the president of Ariel Investments, a company that manages more than $3B in assets. [Hollywood Reporter]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!