The second season of the popular reality show will begin airing on September 5th.
Guess what flavor brew we’ve got bubbling over this morning:
• Yesterday, WE tv announced the renewal of Tamar & Vince. The second season of the Braxton Family Values spinoff is expected to premiere on September 5th. WE tv’s senior vice president of original production and development Lauren Gellert praised the show along with the network’s other reality series Joan & Melissa. “Tamar, Joan and Melissa are talented, refreshing women that we’re delighted to have on WE tv for new seasons of their popular shows,” she said. “These are real women dealing with real issues in the scrutiny of the spotlight with style and grace, and we are so happy WE tv viewers will again be along for these entertaining rides.” Fans can check out a season two sneak peek here. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Chad Johnson wants a Florida judge to reconsider his 30-day jail sentence for tapping his lawyer on the rear end on Monday. Johnson’s lawyer, Adam Swickle, filed documents clearing up the matter. “Mr. Johnson has been a professional football player in the National Football League for 11 years and patting another individual on the backside is viewed as a sign of respect and gratitude,” it read. A hearing is set for Monday. [TMZ]
• Beyoncé is a fan of Serena Williams! Queen Bey posted a short handwritten note congratulating the ESSENCE cover girl on her French Open win. “Stunt on them Serena. 31 and in your prime. You have no idea how much you inspire all of us women. I’m so proud of you,” it read. [Beyoncé]
• Extra correspondent AJ Calloway tied the knot over the weekend. The TV journalist wed fiancée Dionne Walker in a private ceremony. “I’m overjoyed and I look forward to starting our lives together and growing our family,” he said in a statement. The couple is expecting their first child later this year. [Extra]
• Mint Condition’s Stokely Williams has been hard at work lately. He recently teamed up with Wale for his new single, “LoveHate Thing” ft. Sam Dew. Wale’s new album, The Gifted, hits stores on June 25. Check out the single here! You can catch Stokely along with the rest of Mint Condition at this year’s ESSENCE Festival.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!