- Last night we went to the world premiere of “Sex and the City 2.” The outfits: spectacular. The impact of these four characters on women in America: phenomenal. Radio City Music Hall was pandemonium.
- In other box office news, Paula Patton is in talks to star in a new wedding-themed film called “Jumping the Broom,” about conflicts between two Black families at a wedding in Martha’s Vineyard — one wealthy, one poor. Bishop T.D. Jakes, Curtis Wallace, Tracey Edmonds, Elizabeth Hunter and Glendon Palmer are all behind the flick. [THR]
- It’s Lauryn Hill’s 35th birthday and our girl is back! She’ll be playing as a special guest at the 7th annual “Rock the Bells” hip hop festival this summer.
- Nas and Kelis are officially divorced, however, since Nas is still saying he can’t pay up $10 thousand a month in child and spousal support, expect these two to stay in court. [TMZ]
- In other divorce news, Dwayne Wade’s estranged wife Siohvaugh’s ninth lawyer just quit on her. [TMZ]
- The American Academy of Pediatrics is pushing for the FDA to require warning labels on foods that could cause choking, like popcorn. [NYTimes]
- After T.I.’s Akoo jeans came under fire for its racy billboard in Newark, NJ, the clothing line has gone in a new direction for its advertising, placing the just-released-from-jail rapper in front of the camera and the brand. [WWD]
- We just can’t look away from Lindsay Lohan’s courtroom drama. Her attorney, a Black woman, unsuccessfully requested that an L.A. judge spare the actress of having to wear an alcohol monitoring bracelet and allow LiLo to take random drug tests in other states. “I think she’s pretty lucky she didn’t have me on that bench,” attorney Sunny Hostin told CNN. [CNN]
- Now might be the perfect time for you to buy that iPhone 3GS you always wanted. Wal-Mart is selling the gadgets for $97. [WSJ]
- Ne-Yo launched his new single, “Beautiful Monster,” on MySpace at 12 a.m. today. Have you heard it? What do you think? [MySpace]
- Check out Rihanna’s impression of Slash from Guns N’ Roses in her new “Rockstar 101” video.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!