Take a look at why we're French pressing our brew this morning: Jennifer Hudson will release a weight loss book next January, Patti LaBelle and her bodyguards are in hot water for an alleged assault, and Sean Kingston's health continues to improve after his frightening crash...
Take a look at why we’re French pressing our brew this morning:
- Nearly a week after Sean Kingston’s traumatic crash in Miami, he’s walking and breathing on his own again. According to his publicist and CNN, his condition has been upgraded to serious. Doctors expect him to fully recover, but it will take about six weeks. He reportedly broke his jaw, fractured his wrist and had water in his lungs. Great to hear he’s doing much better. [CNN]
- Call it a done deal! Jennifer Hudson has signed to release a weight loss memoir. The book is scheduled to be published by Dutton next January and will reportedly cover Jennifer’s tips for weight loss and exercise. [Eurweb]
- Patti LaBelle is being sued for allegedly giving the command to beat up a man who reportedly was standing too close to her luggage. According to the lawsuit, “LaBelle lowered the window of her limousine and gave a command to her bodyguards. They sprang into action… LaBelle is hot-tempered… [and] was a full participant in the cruel attack.” WOW! There’s even footage to prove the assault. [Black Voices]
- Denzel Washington is in talks to play a hero pilot in a new film. According to news sources, he’s almost ready to sign the deal and get on board. “The Flight” will follow a pilot who suffers from substance abuse, but then saves a plane from crashing. [The Grio]
- Tamia fans won’t have to wait much longer for new material from the songbird. “Beautiful Surprise” is set for release this fall. It will be her fifth album. [Vibe]
- The internet is abuzz about Thandie Newton revealing she had an affair with a 39-year-old film director at the tender age of 16. The affair supposedly lasted six years. Newton says the relationship left her feeling “self-destructive.” [Black Voices]
- Beyonce is releasing new music from her upcoming album, “4.” This time, “Party” featuring Andre 3000, has hit the net. Check out the Kanye West produced track this morning.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!