After being absent from the fashion scene, Russell Simmons returns in a big way.
Guess what flavor brew we’re drinking:
• Russell Simmons is jumping back into the fashion game. He recently re-launched Argyleculture, his line of menswear. According to Simmons, the collection is made for the “Urban Graduate.” “Argyleculture is committed to represent a modern American millennium mindset that approaches the world from a multi-racial, yet singularly cultural perspective,” read the press release. The line will be available in Macys this month. [Vibe]
• Evander Holyfield is in hot water this morning. He was found in contempt for failing to pay back child support. According to the Georgia Department of Human Services, the boxer owes more than $500K in back child support for his now 18-year-old daughter, Emani. A judge has ordered a percentage of Holyfield’s income to go toward the debt. [TMZ]
• Boris Kodjoe’s newest action flick, Resident Evil, topped the box office over the weekend. The scary film ranked in $21M, beating out the competition, Finding Nemo 3D. Kodjoe hopes to do more action films in the future. [EURweb]
• Rihanna leads the pack of nominations for the 2012 MTV EMAs. The pop princess has six nominations while Nicki Minaj earned four. The awards will be broadcast live in Germany on November 11. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Kandi Burruss is taking her sex toy line to new heights. The entrepreneur would like to allow women to host their own sex toy parties to encourage sales. Burruss told TMZ, “With Bedroom Kandi, no need to go out, we will bring the party to you and your girls. Our BK consultants are from across the country and with them we hope to create an entertaining and exciting way for them to become entrepreneurs.” [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!