Rihanna is suing her former accounting firm for significant financial losses.
Here’s why we decided to add some ice to our coffee this morning:
- Rihanna is suing her former accounting firm, the New York-based Berdon LLP, for “significant financial losses” between 2005 and 2010. She and her touring company, Tourianna, are claiming that while Rihanna was paid six percent from her “Last Girl on Earth” Tour, Berdon LLP made 23 percent of the profits. According to the lawsuit, the losses are due to “financial mismanagement and other acts and omissions” with tours, foreign and domestic taxes and song royalties. Rihanna had been working with the firm since she was 16 years old. [EUR web]
- Usher’s Confessions album is still his most successful album, even eight years after its release. This week the album hit 10 million in U.S. sales, according to Nielsen Soundscan. Only 18 other albums have surpassed the 10 million mark since SoundScan began in 1991. “Confessions” was originally released on March 23, 2004 and sold 1.1 million in its first week. [Billboard]
- Three-time heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali will receive the 2012 Liberty Medal at the National Constitution Center. President of the center said that “Muhammad Ali symbolizes all that makes America great, while pushing us as a people and as a nation to be better.” The ceremony will take place in Philadelphia on September 13. [The Grio]
- Son of Jesse Jackson and Illinois congressman, Jesse Jackson Jr., is still undergoing treatment for what his office originally thought was exhaustion. According to reports, he has “physical and emotional ailments” that will require extensive medical treatment. Jaskson has worked in Congress for 17 years. [Washington Post]
- Kanye West doesn’t plan to let his music stop any time soon. Producer and Def Jam VP No I.D said that ‘Ye plans to drop his sixth studio album after the G.O.O.D Music compilation album. “I’m working on his album,” No I.D revealed, “It’s what you expect and everything you don’t expect.” The G.O.O.D Music’s “Cruel Summer’ is scheduled to be released in August. [Punch Bowl Blog]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!