Rihanna makes Billboard history -- beating Madonna's record.
Take a look at what we’re chatting about over coffee:
- Rihanna is well on her way to being perhaps the most popular artist of our time. She recently broke Madonna’s record by earning her 20th top 10 single with “We Found Love” in just six short years. That’s a lot music! Madonna’s record was six years and nine months. Congrats to RiRi! [Hollywood Reporter]
- “Tia & Tamera” scored high during its season finale on Monday night. The popular show earned higher ratings in its debut at the start of summer. [Perez Hilton]
- The world is mourning the loss of Steve Jobs. President Obama and the First Lady had these kind words to say about Jobs: “Steve was among the greatest of American innovators — brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.” [People]
- Denzel Washington reached into his big wallet to give a little back to his alma mater, Fordham University. The actor forked over $2M to endow the Denzel Washington Chair in Theatre! [EURweb]
- Oprah held on to the top spot of highest-paid women in entertainment — earning an astounding $290M from May 2010 to May 2011! Her net worth is estimated to be $2.7 billion. [EURweb]
- Willow Smith is prepared to take the music world by storm again. Check out her latest single, “Fireball,” featuring Nicki Minaj!
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!