It’s Friday! See what we’ve got brewing for this morning’s news.
- Months after photographer David La Chappelle sued her for allegedly plagiarizing his ideas, Rihanna is under attack by another photographer. Phillip Paulus, a world-renowned fashion lensman, says that Rihanna’s “S&M” music video pilfers his creative series called “Paperworld.” No word yet from Rihanna’s camp on the situation. Hope you’ve got good lawyers, RiRi! [Radar Online]
- Speaking of lawsuits, Sean Combs has reached a settlement in the case involving a nightclub shooting in 1999. One of the victims reportedly received $1.8 million, and two others walked away with $500,000 each. We’re glad Diddy can finally move on from that awful situation. [Boombox Music]
- There are great things on the horizon for ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Jill Scott. Her new album, “Light of the Sun,” is predicted to take the number one spot on the Billboard 200 chart next week. Yes, Jill! That album is definitely on constant repeat on our iPods. [Billboard]
- Remember when we told you about Oprah’s wish to interview O.J. Simpson? Apparently, there are some who believe that Oprah has already been in talks with O.J. for over a year. O.J. has reportedly already dished the entire story about his ex-wife Nicole to Oprah and her producers. An executive from Harpo denied the rumor, saying, “That’s not true.” We can’t believe everything we hear, folks! [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Will Smith and his team on the set of “Men in Black III” just can’t catch a break! NYC dwellers complained about Will’s trailer being too large, now they’re upset about Will running down the street during chase scenes and his alleged disgraceful behavior. We think those folks should chill. At least they get to witness the sexy Will Smith live and in person. Hello?! [Perez Hilton]
- Keshia Knight Pulliam is giving back to the community in a major way. The former “Cosby Show” star has launched Kamp Kizzy, a non-profit organization and summer camp that will empower young girls from diverse backgrounds through team building, educational initiatives, performing arts and more. [Keshia Knight Pulliam Online]
- ESSENCE Music Festival headliner Mary J. Blige has released a new single from her upcoming album, “My Life II: The Journey Continues.” The song is titled “Hero” and is an empowering ballad that encourages women to put their health and happiness first. Take a listen to the new track as some inspiration for the start of the weekend!