The pop princess scored her first number one album this week despite having 12 number one singles to her name.
Check out why we’re having french toast with our morning brew:
• Despite having 12 number one songs to her name, Rihanna has never earned a number one album on the Billboard charts until today. The pop princess tweeted the good news to her Navy. “Wait!! What the F*CK?! #UNAPOLOGETIC just debuted at #1 in America! My first number 1 album there! Thank you Navy, u deserve it.” The news comes on the heels of bad press regarding her 777 tour that left many journalists hungry for a juicy story, food and sleep. What do you think of Rihanna’s new album? [Rihanna’s Twitter]
• Jamie Foxx received heavy criticism from Christians when he called President Barack Obama “our Lord and savior” at the 2012 Soul Train Awards. The president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights in the United States Bill Donahue issued a statement calling the comedian’s comments “startling.” “It just goes to show that even though Obama did not succeed in stopping the oceans from rising (as he promised to do in 2008), he did succeed in convincing Jamie Foxx, and no doubt legions of others, that God exists,” the statement read. “Whether God can survive an ACLU lawsuit accusing him of violating church and state grounds remains to be seen.” [E! Online]
• It looks like security cameras didn’t pick up the brawl between Olivier Martinez and Gabriel Aubry. Apparently Berry was instructed to direct her cameras toward the fences of her California home to detect intruders. It’s still unclear what happened on Thanksgiving Day between the two men. [Extra TV]
• Mariah Carey performed at the annual Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony last night. She sang a number of her holiday hits. According to That Grape Juice, the American Idol judge will once again re-release her Merry Christmas II You album this season. [TGJ]
• Could Wendy Williams be the blame for a recent Chinese factory riot? According to the New York Daily News, the talk show diva failed to pay a $419,000 bill for 12,140 pairs of shoes she ordered to be made for her shoe line, Adorn. When the payment wasn’t received, workers broke out in strike. [New York Daily News]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!