The Bajan singer had a total of 34 songs on the charts in seven years.
See why we’re having a strawberry danish with our brew:
• Billboard crowned Rihanna as their top Pop artist of the last 20 years. The Bajan singer has the most song entries on the charts with 34, the most top ten singles with 21 and a total of nine number one songs—all since 2005. Other notable entries on the list include Mariah Carey, who came in at five, Usher at seven, Janet Jackson at nine, Beyoncé at 16, Chris Brown at 22, Destiny’s Child at 26 and TLC at 35. Do you agree with the rankings? [Billboard]
• Gospel duo Mary Mary will embark a mini North American tour in support of their latest album, Go Get It. Beginning on October 25 in Jacksonville, Florida Mary Mary will hit 10 cities before wrapping up in Hampton, Virginia on November 17. Isaac Carree will be the opening act. [Mary Mary]
• Stacey Dash is under fire for her choice for the 2012 presidential race. The former Clueless star says she voting for Mitt Romney this coming November. Her decision left many of her Twitter followers upset. In response to those angry commits, Dash tweeted, “My humble opinion… EVERYONE is entitled to one.” [Rolling Out]
• Paula Abdul will judge an upcoming episode of Dancing with the Stars. “I’ve been sneaking into the show for years,” said Abdul. “Now I get to be a guest judge. It’s a marriage made in heaven.” She will appear on the October 15 show. [Hollywood Reporter]
• The checks keep getting bigger and bigger for super producer The Dream. He was just appointed Executive Vice President of A&R at Def Jam Records. “I am committed, as I have been previously, to bringing the power of belief in the artist back to the forefront,” said The Dream in a statement. [Hollywood Reporter]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!