Here’s what’s got our mugs overflowing this hump day:
- The nominees for the 2011 People’s Choice Awards were announced yesterday, and our favorite monarch, Queen Latifah, is scheduled to host. YouTube sensation Antoine Dodson, rapper B.oB., Usher, Beyonce, Alicia Keys and Rihanna have all been nominated. Look at Antoine Dodson milking that fame for every drop it’s worth. He better work! Check out where your favorite celeb landed on the nominees list… [UPI]
- Rumors are swirling that Drake will be the executive producer of “The Aaliyah Story.” “Dreamgirls” director Michael Condon is working hard to get the story off ground, but there’s no official word on whether Drake is connected to the project. Either way, let’s hope the project gets going. [Urban Daily]
- Yesterday we reported that Monica left Twitter because of a stalker, but she’s back! She returned to the popular social networking site last night. It’s good to see her back to her normal self after being in a scary situation. [YBF]
- Kanye West is pissed at the “Today” show’s Matt Lauer for bringing up his George Bush comments. He took to Twitter to voice his anger. “I don’t mess with Matt Lauer or the Today Show… and that’s a very nice way to put it!” West went on to say, “He tried to force my answers. It was very brutal and I came there with only positive intent.” He even brought MJ into his rant saying, “Maybe Mike could have explained how the media tried to set him up!!! It’s all a f*****g set up!!!” [YBF]
- Oprah is certainly coming out with the big guns this season. She had former President George W. Bush on her show yesterday. He discussed his new memoir, “Decision Points,” and the mistakes with Katrina, and not finding weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. “When we didn’t find weapons, I felt terrible about it and sick about it, and I still do because a lot of the case to remove Saddam Hussein was based on these weapons of mass destruction.” Hindsight is always 20/20. [Extra TV]
- Lil Wayne has been hit with a paternity suit. While serving his term on Riker’s Island, he received the papers asking for him to get a DNA test before September 10th, but he was sort of busy, so the deadline was extended to December 9th. If true, this would make Weezy’s fifth kid, that he’s aware of. [TMZ]
- Nelly and Kelly Rowland went back to 2002 with their latest collaboration, “Gone.” Some say it sounds like their mega hit, “Dilemma.” Be the judge, are you jammin’ or slammin’ this one?
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!