Producers of the Mahalia Jackson movie issue an apology.
- After much back and forth, the production company handling the Mahalia Jackson biopic, which Fantasia is supposed to star in, they have released a public apology to the star. “We at Double Dutch Productions, LLC want to assure Ms. Barrino that in no way are we responsible for the information that was included in the article. Any future comments from outside parties regarding this film that are not directly provided by DDP or its publicist will be deemed as void, bogus and inaccurate,” read the statement. Hopefully, things will now progress in the right direction. People are still buzzing about Fanny’s impending due date, slated for the end of December, and she’s also expecting a baby boy! [That Grape Juice] [People]
- Whitney Houston refused to buckle her seat belt on a recent flight to Detroit. A flight attendant had to manually buckle the seat belt for the star after she “got diva” on the crew. [Fox News]
- Could Lifetime be gearing up for an all Black “Steel Magnolias?” According to several news sources, the remake is in the works, but no actresses have been named. [EURweb]
- The First Lady reveals she secretly goes out on shopping excursions more often than people know. “I do that more frequently than people realize. And it’s amazing how people don’t recognize you. They don’t expect to see me at Starbucks or at Chipotle and I actually took Bo to PetCo, and the cashier asked me, ‘Oh! What kind of dog is that?'” [Jezebel]
- The season five trailer of “The Game” is out! Check out the clip and let us know if you’ll be watching come January 2012. [That Grape Juice]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!