Have a look at what’s got our coffee pots bubbling this morning:
- Prince held a mega concert on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden, and Alicia Keys, Jamie Foxx and Professor Cornel West all joined him onstage. The Purple One sang many of his greatest hits, including “1999” and “Purple Rain,” while Naomi Campbell, Spike Lee and Whoopi Goldberg looked on in awe. Sherri Shepherd even got her wish; she danced with Prince as he sang “A Love Bizarre.” From the rave reviews and constant Twitter updates, we suspect Prince brought the house down! [Yahoo]
- Nicki Minaj may have a sex tape floating around the internet. Mediatakeout.com has reportedly seen the tape and says it features a topless woman who resembles Nicki. Let’s hope it’s not her. Like clockwork, as soon as someone rises to fame, a sex tape mysteriously emerges…[Popeater]
- Both Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg will be offered one million dollars to fight each other this coming February. The Hollywood Boxing Federation is looking to get the two stars to rumble in Las Vegas — no word if this is for charity. Should they do it? [Radar Online]
- Black Voices has a very interesting piece on Michael Vick and LeBron James. It talks about the success of these two men — though they recently faced adversity in their respective sports. Check it out… it proves that athletes also deserve second chances. [Black Voices]
- Diddy hosted the 2010 Joy to the World Black Tie Gala at the lovely Ritz-Carlton in Philly this weekend. Jermaine Dupri, Fabolous, Brian McKnight, Keri Hilson, “RHOA” star Sheree Whitfield and more were all on-hand to celebrate. [YBF]
- Chrisette Michele is hard at work promoting her latest CD, “Let Freedom Reign,” and she’s releasing the music video for “Goodbye Game.” Let us know if we should jam it or slam it.
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!