Coffee Talk: Prince Announces First Tour Dates
In honor of Halloween, we're giving you a little pumpkin spiced coffee. Here's what got us chatting this morning: Toya Carter of "Tiny and Toya" will release a memoir in February. Plus, Oprah Winfrey is being sued for plagiarism. And, get your purple outfits ready! Prince has announced the first few dates of his new tour, "Welcome 2 America." Check out whether he'll be stopping in a city near you. Have you seen Prince in concert?
Here's what you had to say:
Kim commented via Facebook: "Prince gives the best concerts ever. I have been to three, including the Rick James concert during the International Lover tour. I love him!"
Dionne wrote via Facebook: "If he comes my way I will definitely go and see Prince."
Here’s what got us chatting this morning:
- Prince announced the first few dates for his upcoming tour, “Welcome 2 America!” The purple one is coming to MSG on December 19th and December 29th! Tickets go on sale tomorrow! Good luck with snagging tickets. Check out where else he’s planning to stop…[Perez Hilton]
- Carson Kressley is the latest star to get a big break from Oprah. She’s giving him his own TV series on OWN. “Carson-Nation” will be a makeover show which will be begin airing in March. He will reportedly “makeover one town at a time.” This is going to be fabulous! Can’t wait to see the towns he’ll pick. [Just Jared]
- Toya Carter, Lil Wayne’s ex-wife, is plotting to release a memoir, “Priceless Inspiration.” The book will cover love, sex, motherhood and relationships. She doesn’t want kids to get pregnant at 14 like she did. She joins a growing list of celebrities who have turned to publishing. [Black Voices]
- Mike Tyson is prepping to appear in the “The Hangover 2.” Strangely, just a few months ago he admitted to using the money he earned from the first installment for drugs… let’s hope he’s not planning to spend it the same way… smh [Black Voices]
- Ciara gave a private audition for one inspiring young singer. The young girl sang for Ciara in the bathroom of Lord & Taylor. It was for an event that benefited VH1’s Save the Music Foundation. Ciara was about to miss this girl’s performance, but she gave her an opportunity of a lifetime. Looks like Ciara is spreading good deeds… that’s a good look. [Page Six]
- Oprah Winfrey is being sued for plagiarism. The author of “How America Elects Her President” claims that Oprah allegedly read aloud the exact same questions in his book. He also claims that he sent 10 copies of his book to the show and didn’t receive a response. He’s looking to gain up to $150,000 per “unlawful use.” [Hollywood Reporter]
- Chris Brown rubbed elbows with Jimmi Briggs at Wednesday’s GQ Gentleman’s Ball. This is interesting because Briggs is the founder of Man Up Campaign. It’s a nonprofit organization that helps fight violence against women… oh really? If only we knew the details of their conversation. “I found Chris to be very humble, sincere, honest and clear about expressing an interest in working with Man Up… Chris is a young man, and he made a mistake. Some people may feel or not feel he hasn’t paid his dues, but he’s on a journey,” Briggs said. [Page Six]