Obama promised to meet with Governor Romney in his victory speech.
Check out why we’re having fancy waffles with our hot coffee:
- President Barack Obama and his former rival Mitt Romney are set to have lunch today. It’s part of an Election Night promise Obama mentioned in his victory speech. “In the weeks ahead, I also look forward to sitting down with Gov. Romney to talk about where we can work together to move this country forward,” said Obama. Today’s meeting will be the seventh time the gentlemen have met. It’s unclear if the First Lady will meet Romney’s wife, Ann. [Huffington Post]
- The final episode of ABC’s Private Practice will see the return of Audra McDonald. The final episode will hit the air in January. The details of McDonald’s return are being kept secret, but her return will surely shake things up. [TV Guide]
- One of Beyoncé’s hit singles, “Best Thing I Never Had,” recently hit the one million sold mark. According to That Grape Juice, the single was certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America. Another single, “Countdown,” just reached the half-million sold mark as well. [TGJ]
- Kevin Clash’s ex-boyfriend is defending him. Jason Murray says his former lover is “not a villain.” The 29-year-old teacher reportedly dated the puppeteer in 2004. “Yes, he had an affinity for younger men, but what successful [straight] man doesn’t have an affinity for younger women,” said Murray. “It’s the same thing, gay or not.” [E! Online]
- Halle Berry’s putting her Hollywood mega-mansion up for sale. The actress is seeking $15 million for the five-bedroom Tuscan-style home. It’s also the place where her fiancé, Olivier Martinez, and ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry rumbled on Thanksgiving Day. There’s no word if this move indicates she’s planning to purchase another home with Martinez. [TMZ]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!