The OWN creator breaks her silence on Trayvon Martin and calls the situation a "shame."
See why we’re adding a dash of caramel to our brew:
- Oprah Winfrey is breaking her silence on the Trayvon Martin case. “It’s a tragedy and it is a shame that we’re sitting here 33 days later and there hasn’t been an arrest, or questioning of what actually happened. It’s a tragedy and it is a shame and we all know it,” she says. “Mr. Zimmerman… I would love to talk to him.” [YBF]
- Days ago Spike Lee thought he was retweeting George Zimmerman’s home address, but it turned out to be incorrect. Today the director is apologizing for his actions. “I deeply apologize to the McClain family for retweeting their address. It was a mistake. Please leave the McClains in peace,” he tweeted. [Huffington Post]
- It appears that Tyrese and his Transformer director, Michael Bay, aren’t so close after all. Bay sent a cease and desist letter asking Tyrese to stop using his name in the media. [Urban Daily]
- Dennis Rodman is too sick to pay his child support. The former NBA player owes $808,935 in unpaid child support for his two kids. He also owes $51,441 in unpaid spousal support. Rodman’s rep blames his ongoing addiction to alcohol on the situation. [Madame Noire]
- Fashion guru Andre Leon Talley is getting his own show. According to Bravo, the Vogue editor will star in Fashion Stories of NYC and will mentor four designers in creating, showing and selling their collection. [Hollywood Reporter]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!