Oprah Winfrey heads back to primetime with a new show on OWN.
No coffee today. Have a sip of our apple spiced tea this morning:
- Oprah Winfrey is returning with a brand new show! “Oprah’s Next Chapter” will be similar to the “Oprah Winfrey Show” in that she will be interviewing newsmakers, celebrities and families and more. It’s set to begin airing on January 1st on OWN. [Jezebel]
- If you want Will Smith to be in the “Independence Day” sequel, you’ve got to come up with $50M. That’s his price tag and he’s asking to have his family included in the movie as well. [EURweb]
- Some of Aretha Franklin’s items were auctioned off this past weekend in Michigan. Among the items sold was a beige cashmere fur hat with matching collar and cuffs — it went for $400. [Huffington Post]
- First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden didn’t get a warm welcome at this weekend’s NASCAR event in Miami. The two were unfortunately booed. Thankfully, it couldn’t be heard on television. [Grio]
- Drake believes social media is ruining our youth. “Instead of kids going out and making their own moments, they’re just taking these images and living vicariously through other people’s moments,” he said. [EURweb]
- Beyonce revealed it was difficult to sing and dance at the same time while being pregnant. “When you’re pregnant, it’s a little bit harder to breathe, so it was hard doing all the choreography and singing at the same time,” she said. [Huffington Post]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!