Oprah Winfrey is set to air a two-hour special honoring the late Whitney Houston.
Check out what we’ve got bubbling:
- Oprah Winfrey is planning a tribute to her late friend, Whitney Houston. This Thursday, the OWN creator will air a special two-hour tribute called “Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview.” In addition to showing the controversial 2009 interview, Winfrey will share her own memories of Houston. [Perez Hilton]
- In other Whitney Houston news, rumors are circulating that her final film, “Sparkle,” may be released earlier than expected. The film was originally set to hit theaters on in August. [NY Post]
- Chaka Khan is speaking out about not going to Clive Davis’ Pre-Grammy party. She appeared on CNN’s Piers Morgan show and said, “I thought it was complete insanity. And knowing Whitney, I don’t thinks he would have said, ‘The show must go on.'” [TGJ]
- Fred Hammond’s latest album, “Love,” has soared to number one on the charts. It’s a new take on love and Christianity. “It’s been on my heart for about four years, and I was encouraged by my good friends Pastor Mike & Dee Freeman to finally do it,” says Hammond. [EURweb]
- BET has ordered a new pilot for “Single Black Female.” It’s the latest drama from Salim and Mara Brock Akil. It will be an hour long and show focused on the life, family and work of an Atlanta TV personality. [Who Got The Role]
You may like
Get The Essence Newsletter and Special Offers delivered to your inbox!